Tuesday, 16 October 2012

Vision

For us, yesterday was the return to school for the kids, last week was school holidays. And...relax...breathe out....honestly when I dropped my daughter off yesterday morning, when I stepped back in the door, it was like a sense of freedom. 

I still had the little guy, but somehow we have a routine, where there are times we do our own things in unison and quiet. Last week there was none of that :)

My daughter is at the age where everything is questioned, double questioned, answered and questioned again. I felt like I was running for Parliament last week, with the amount of questions. My poor brain was on overload, and I ended up falling asleep most nights at 8pm lol.

This morning for example, she came in for breakfast and said "Oh no, they have spent it all", I had no idea what she was referring to. 'We raised all the money, and now they have spent it, and need more. Oh no how did it go so fast'. 

Still no idea, I asked 'What the Government?'

'No. Africa'.

I went into the lounge room where she had been, and ending on television was an advert for World Vision.

In her mind, a recent fundraiser was her sense of sorting out Africa's issues, and everything should be ok now.

Could you just cry about now? Bless her cotton socks. So now have begun the questions on poverty and what does the money actually buy? It made me think, she knew the fundraiser was for good, but she was not actually told as to what good it would do.

Ive used the photo below, as I took it yesterday after I picked her up from school. Little kids looking into the light, looking for answers.

Now off to research the thousand questions I got this morning :)



All of my images are © Leah Donaldson Photography and are not to be downloaded, copied, printed or used without my written permission.



No comments:

Post a Comment