Thursday, 8 November 2012

Liebster

The blogging world is so new to me, and I have been surprised by Stephanie from Share the Love, who has been so sweet and kind to nominate my blog with 4 others for the Liebster award.

The Liebster award is given by bloggers to up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers.



The meaning: Liebster is German and means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing and welcome.

I am so excited to do this, and share this blog post as it is my 100th post!!!!


RULES:
1. Each person posts 11 things about themselves
2. Answer the questions the nominator made for you, and create 10 more questions for the blogs you nominate.
3. Choose nominations and link them to your post.
4. Go to their page and tell them.


Eleven Random facts about moi?

1. I have been a huge, dedicated Elvis fan since I was 2 years old! The King lives on!

2. I am a true blue Australian, but I have been living in Scotland for the past 10 years.

3. I hate the fact that my husband wears socks ALL the time! Even in summer - ew!

4. My camera goes everywhere with me! I have learnt the hard way on missing amazing things and the camera has been stuck at home - so it is part of me now!

5. I absolutely love melting chocolate and eating it with a spoon.

6. I am extremely good with numbers, and continually have some sort of adding or subtracting subconsciously going on in my head 24/7. I remember as a child thinking I was going insane, as numbers were always in my thoughts...I am hoping that it proves to be the lotto numbers one day!

7. I LOVE peanut butter, which my husband detests with a passion, so I have to eat it sneakily, in my car - where I have a stash....with toothpaste/toothbrush on standby.

8. One of my smaller toes is actually longer than my big toe! AND I never realised this my whole life until my daughter watched the movie Shallow Hal, and said to me 'Mum you are a freak too as your toe is like that'...MORTIFIED!

9. Only this year, did I start eating eggs - before this they scared me for some reason.

10. Before leaving Australia, I was in a very long, very complicated, very rocky relationship with a man who was 25 years older than me. I have had a major life lesson there!

11. I have 3 baby brothers, and 1 older sister - thus the reason for my love of BIG families.


Ten Questions from Stephanie, Share the Love



1. What is your favourite drink? (non-alcoholic)?

I would have to say Farmers Union Iced Coffee from South Australia - It is heavenly! Although I have recently been drinking cold green tea and I absolutely love that too!

2. If you could go anywhere in the world, where would it be?
I love Asia, and really really really want to go travelling around Indonesia for a couple of months. I can see myself with camera on the front, child on the back, and kayaking to the Green Canyon (Cukang Taneuh) - I will get there one day!

3. What is the next book you would like to read?
My uncle has just given me Robert Evan's autobiography 'The Kid Stays In The Picture' to read, and it looks amazing!

4. Do you have a favourite magazine?
I am a serious collector of magazines. I buy so many of them, and to be honest hardly any of them are read. I'm like a bird, attracted to pretty colours. If the cover is gorgeous, I buy it! However I can not go without my favourite 'US Weekly' magazine. I love the goss!

5. How many languages do you know?
I know enough French to survive one night, to ask for food and somewhere to sleep. However I know the right swear word in 7 different languages to fog off unwanted attention haha!

6. Your favourite thing to do?
My FAVOURITE thing to do besides spending quality time with my favourite peeps - is definitely - having a bed with nice new clean sheets, getting my cosy pj's on and getting into bed to watch a cheesy movie. Ah bliss!

7. Favourite movie of all time?
One of my brothers would say it had to be 'Runaway Bride' - he was subjected in our early years to that movie over and over again! What can I say Richard Gere...uh oh - probably explains random fact number 10 about me! These days it has be Onegin. Ralph Fiennes in this movie is just so dreamy! Random 10 again rearing its ugly head :)

8. What would be your be/is your ideal job?
The most ideal job for me would be a Portrait/Commercial Photographer. I would love to be snapping photos of babies/children and families one day, and then the next off to some exotic place to shoot a catalogue - that is the dream anyway :)

9. Do you want any kids? How many?
I always wanted a big family. I want to have those Christmas parties surrounded by lots of my children and grandchildren one day. I am aiming for 5 myself, but I think 3 will probably be the highest!

10. When did you start blogging?
I only started a couple of months ago. I had secretly been doing it for a few weeks before that but then decided to take the plunge and go live. I am so glad I did! I have made some amazing new friends, and seen some amazing blogs!



My TEN Questions for the nominees are:

1. What nationality are you?
2. What made you live where you are now?
3. Who was your first date?
4. What is your absolute comfort food?
5. You have a job now, but would you change it for something else? If so, what?
6. What is your most favourite song?
7. Who is your secret TV/Movie actor crush - one that you are too scared to admit to a friend, but it's ok to tell all of us haha?
8. What is the oldest item of clothing you have and can not part with?
9. If you could go on an all expenses paid holiday for 2 weeks - where would it be?
10. What is your blog about, and why did you start it?

I nominate:

Mrs Landrum @ The Landrum Wife 
She is living in one of the most beautiful places on earth - Hawaii!!

Lauren @ Oh Lordy Love
I discovered Lauren via a photo challenge, and love her 30 by 30 list - I need a 40 by 40 one!

A fellow mumma, love her tales of little noodle - some of them mirror mine!

She is the total adventurer, and I love reading about her life!

I just love her blog page - so cute and sweet with amazing photos!






7 comments:

  1. My fiance totally wears socks all the time too! I don't think I've ever seen him without them! Love these awards and reading your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :)
      I know!!! What is it with men and socks haha!!

      Delete
  2. haha! @ random fact #7 and 8. (My number 8 is going to make you feel a whole lot better: when my son was 7 years old, we were sitting in his grandparents car in the backseat, and he starts petting my arm and says softly, "Mom your arm is like a werewolf"....I,M MORTIFIED.

    ps- I have an magazine obsession as well!

    I'm going to read your nominees now! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stephanie that is hilarious and makes me feel better haha - Im not alone then!! Oh wow kids just say amazing things sometimes, if they were not so cute I would totally cry in a corner, or saw my toe off :)
      Gee I hope the nominees get my comments, Im so new to this and I feel like Im checking their pages every 5 mins to see if they are going to do it :)

      Delete
  3. Hi Leah...

    Thanks for the nomination!!! :) We do have a few things in common... I love peanut butter too!!!

    I just finished answering the questions... check it out at my blog... http://sarahontheroad.com/2012/11/liebster/

    Cheers,
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yay! Im so glad you had a go at it! Your blog is just amazing!! I LOVE that you hate socks too haha! We do have a lot in common, Richard Gere fans need to stick together :)

      Delete
    2. Thanks Leah... I love your photography it's awesome!

      Delete