When my daughter was little, the only way we could get her to eat (first time parents - keep that in mind) was to play the TV. She was a picky eater - only ate macaroni and cheese - and to add to this stress, unless something was playing - she was not going to eat.
However I do not know the actual age, only that she was very little, when my husband replaced the nursery rhymes with Scooby Doo. The cartoon, from the 1960's, and to be honest I enjoyed the music in it (big 50/60's fan). I am guessing she was under 2 - and looking at those episodes now I can see it was so totally inappropriate. It probably explained her sleeping routine being shot to hell! Some of the episodes are quite scary!!
So when baby number 2 came along, I was determined that TV shows would not be the norm, and eating habits would be better.
And they have been, until recently, when I think he has now been replaced with a "Truman Show" baby - and everyone is watching me be tortured every day, while he acts like the devil! Terrible 2's are not fun!
BUT I lost out on TV, and I think I would prefer Scooby now to what I have to endure everyday, all day - Dr Who.
Ive spoken previously in the blog, about his love of the show - doctaa, doctaa - it is now made worse with 2 Tardis living in our home!
All of my images are © Leah Donaldson Photography and are not to be downloaded, copied, printed or used without my written permission.




No comments:
Post a Comment