Monday, 26 November 2012

50

Ok I'm totally boring close friends and family at the moment with the love of my new lens.
My husband finally succumbed to my crying and being a pain in the a** for 2 years, and bought me a new 50mm lens.

To say I love this is an understatement. It is like I have a new baby.
I hold it, nurture it, keep it dry and warm. I actually pondered on getting a knitted wrap for it - but then scared myself with fibre damage haha

I mean seriously, yesterday I went to my daughters Grade 1 Ballet show, and I gave my camera a seat. I would always just put the bag by my feet, but no that didn't seem right. 

As a dedicated available light photographer, I have been finding it quite hard with the Scottish weather to be motivated to snap away, so this has given me a new oomph to get out there for new inspiration. Also Malaysia and Australia await in a couple of weeks, and I can not wait to get photographing on that journey.

I love the soft photos it is producing, and I love a bit of out of focus in a photo so this is working for me. I wish I had this lens with my children as newborns...**sigh**










All of my images are © Leah Donaldson Photography and are not to be downloaded, copied, printed or used without my written permission.




No comments:

Post a Comment