Have you EVER seen something from a distance and thought 'Wow What Is That!!", but just kept walking or driving or flying past.
I do this all the time.
I think coming from Australia, where it is relatively new, compared to the United Kingdom - more so Scotland - all oldish things amaze me. I mean going through a village and seeing cute little cottages and stonework saying "1822"...
Anyway history is just outstanding. I see these things and after think oh I wish I had a closer look, or gone inside...
So, every Saturday we go swimming at a different town, which involves a drive through hills and countryside. Afterwards we take the time to explore the area, and surrounding towns, and we seem to always pass this huge triangle in a field.
So this weekend I said 'Take me there husband - I need to see what the heck this thing is".
So in the middle of a field, there I was trekking through the muddy swap land (actually it was a path but after a few days of Scottish weather - it was a mudslide). Husband stayed in the car (boring) and I made my way to see what this obscure remains of a (narrow) Egyptian pyramid was....
I was surprised to find it was a monument. Although I wish it had been some amazing object fallen from the sky and landed in the middle of nowhere, I thought I would share. I wonder who actually takes the time to visit and respect it, considering it has such an obscure location.
All of my images are © Leah Donaldson Photography and are not to be downloaded, copied, printed or used without my written permission.





No comments:
Post a Comment