Monday, 5 November 2012

Fireworks

On the weekend we celebrated our little nephew's 2nd birthday with a whole bang of fireworks. In Scotland it is the lead up to Guy Fawkes night. That is today, so tonight we are off to see some more locally in the next village. Hopefully I can get some more shots there later on.
Below are some shots from the birthday party. I hate flashes, so tried using the light from the fireworks, candles, and sparklers to get these photos - amazed at how clear some looked. Yes, another attempt to boycott the 'flash' successfully achieved!!







and finally LOVE this one, of the little guy playing in the cubby house - used my husband's light on his mobile phone for this and it worked so well! Nothing beats a tea party!!! AND yes that star suit again, he is getting famously recognised locally in this now haha!



All of my images are © Leah Donaldson Photography and are not to be downloaded, copied, printed or used without my written permission.

4 comments:

  1. So cool!! The one with your daughter (I think?) blowing on something...that daze type smoke very cool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha it is her :)I was a bit worried with the beer bottles in the background, and then her with the smoke - bad parent photo lol - but thought that freezing breath looked so cool!

      Delete
  2. FYI, I nominated you for the Liebster award on my blog. If it's something you'd like to join in to promote your blog and perhaps discover new ones, check it out it's kinda fun ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow thanks so much!! That looks like fun! I will def check it out, thank you xx Its my 100th blog post tomorrow so I will use that!

    ReplyDelete