The best thing I have done so far - is no not have a bath - lol!
Was in order to help develop my own photography style, I began photographing my family in our home, every day.
When I decided I wanted to pursue a photography based career - I knew that I needed to try and find my own style.
I had been taking my own personal images for years before, and the plan was to always go live, but I wanted to do it at the right time.
So began a path of self discovery in a way, and to help me, I bought every book on DSLR cameras imaginable, and I decided to do this blog.
The blog was more to help me capture, in a photo journalistic way, something that I know well, and record it every day.
I strongly recommend to anyone who is a budding photographer, or wanting to become one, to try a project like this - it really does get you thinking outside the camera button, and teaches you to really understand what you are looking at.
Anyone who reads this - thank you Mum - knows that I hate FLASHES.
I have too many photos in my life where we all look like we have been spot lighted by some bus on a dark road.
So I knew my style was going to omit this - but it would also limit myself - hugely!
Ive been playing with natural light - and I think I'm getting there. Last night I tried to use the bath lights (arghh!) we have to snap the kids and see how they would turn out.
I can't wait to try this during the day one time with natural light - gee they are going to love that - NOT!
All of my images are © Leah Donaldson Photography and are not to be downloaded, copied, printed or used without my written permission.








Ok, as you know I am really not that knowledgeable about photography, but I truly find those beautiful! Speaking from the point of view of one your fans here, I absolutely love the lighting in these photos. I think you did great.
ReplyDeleteI will love you forever for all those amazing words! Thank you so much! I really thought they would turn that orangey glow that bathroom lights seem to have but it wasn't so bad! And missy, I think you know more than you realise on photography. I just read your day out with friends post, and you had some gorgeous photos there, I am going to comment there on your blog, but very lovely! xx
Delete