Tuesday, 6 November 2012

FineArt

Readers of my blog will know that I absolutely LOVE black and white photography.

Ive been reading alot about b&w photos lately, and interested to see a few photographers list their b&w images as Fine Art. This is something I would like to explore more!

Years ago I used to develop my negatives and  process my own photos, so it was quite surreal to go digital. I was never a professional so didn't do all that on a large scale, just my own hobby, but now Ive been digital for a few years, part of me misses the old style processing.  Being digital is so much faster, it is so much easier, and it is a hell of lot more cheaper!!! Yet there truly is a downside to the fast processing of a b&w image, and I found early on that my photos were more grey scale than anything else. It is ongoing to work out the light, but more than anything to understand digital editing - this is hard for me as computers and I have a love/hate relationship. I'm one of those people when faced with a computer saying/doing/acting wrong, I turn it off at the wall and abuse it.

However I am excited at the moment as I have ordered my first blackout screen, which I think is going to do wonders with my practice of light portraits, especially for making them black and white. 

Here starts the road to discovering fine art - digitally.....




All of my images are © Leah Donaldson Photography and are not to be downloaded, copied, printed or used without my written permission.

No comments:

Post a Comment