In my mind I've been dreaming of making cakes galore in order to have one ready for today's challenge.
Even on the weekend a good friend of ours made the most delicious cake, and I totally forgot about the photo and we all just dug into it! It was delicious!
So Ive probably put on 10 kilos just thinking of all these edible fabulous things to photograph and eat!
However in our house at the moment, it is all about Cappuccinos!
I am really not a hot coffee or tea drinker, its not my thing,. This has caused much grievance in my life certainly in work situations, where there are tea clubs, and coffee clubs, and rotas for these clubs. As a non drinker I always look like the odd one out. It sucks because on that odd occasion when perhaps I was having a bad day and ok maybe I'll try one, I couldn't because I'm not on the rota. Will they get annoyed with me, I now want one, but I don't put the fiver in every month for the supplies. Or will they be tut tut tutting if I go make one myself? Could I secretly make one and then just fill the milk bottle up with a substitute..haha ok Ive never done that!
BUT I did once have a flatmate, yes you in Bedroom 2, I knew what you were doing. Oh the terrors of Brunstfield Place...that's another blog though :)
So hot coffee and tea, not a fan, however cold coffee, iced coffee, for those Australian's...Farmers Union Iced Coffee...then hell I would be the president of that club! Living away now for nearly 10 years, TEN years.... I have missed my Farmers Union fix. When I get home its the one thing I stop off for immediately. Over here in the UK, I have tried and tried to make a substitute. One of my three little brothers who lives in London, knows what I am talking about. I've practically bought every kind of coffee to try and create that heaven drink in my own home. It got to a time where I did crack it, and then I noticed that the store would always put the price up! In disgrace, I boycotted it, and now its off the market!
So back to 'Edible'...in our house my daughter and I, after all this time experimenting with the stimulants, have created our own Cappuccino. It is made hot, but we actually only transport the milky froth into our cup, smother it with chocolate powder, grab a spoon and dig in!
All of my images are © Leah Donaldson Photography and are not to be downloaded, copied, printed or used without my written permission.


Well now you picked my curiosity!! Being a big coffee drinker, I had to go check out out the Farmers Union... And I found it http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Farmers_Union_Iced_Coffee. Sounds delicious!
ReplyDeleteI love those photos. Cappuccino is my drink of choice! And your homemade cap looks heavenly :)
Oh it so is! If you ever visit you need to try one! :)
Delete