Home...whenever I think of that word I actually don't think of my house but I think of my homeland Australia.
Dont get me wrong it is an amazing feeling being home. I do have that when I am in the house with my family. That sense of relief when you walk in the door, and you smell your belongings, and you see your trinkets and can hug your people - yes that is home.
But for me being a foreigner, there is another sense I get when I travel back to visit.
I feel it when I get out of the airport and I take that first step outside. The air is different, the light hits you in a completely surreal way, it is the recognition and memories that overwhelm you, and you just breath out, 'I'm home'.
This was my little boy and I at the local beach trying to direct our love through the water back to Oz - probably totally wrong direction and wrong sea...haha I was never good at geography :)
All of my images are © Leah Donaldson Photography and are not to be downloaded, copied, printed or used without my written permission.

No comments:
Post a Comment