Day 13 of the October Challenge, and the focus was seat.
We went about doing our normal routine Saturday morning, and on the way home we stopped by the Leaderfoot Viaduct. This is a railway viaduct over the River Tweed in the Scottish Borders.
I know this place well, as I would come walking here when my son was a newborn. The traffic overhead, and the sound of the flowing River was very soothing for him for some reason. For me at that time it was absolutely FREEZING! But anything to get him sleeping :)
The Viaduct was opened in 1863, and they have these little seats. The seats are new :) which were created to celebrate the shape of the viaduct, and have an especially commissioned poem carved in the sandstone.
Everything there has history. Its amazing to think that someone was walking here in 1863, and here we are now in 2012! I guess that is why I love photos so much. Something to remember of our past.


No comments:
Post a Comment