Photographing children is quite hard. Most people want a photo with their child smiling and looking straight ahead, but to actually get something like that with small children is very difficult - and I think sometimes comes off looking staged.
I really am all about natural portraits, and on the weekend I got a heap of shots with my children and their cousins.
Soft, whimsical photos, that will be on my walls for ever!
I love this group shot, and it reminds me of a photo that was taken of my 3 brothers and myself when we were kids. My little brother Chris was on my lap, my other little brother Tim was next to me looking into space, and the oldest of the little brothers Matt was looking straight ahead - its a classic photo, and as teens/adults we reconstructed it, sitting in the same positions, and it was hilarious. Anyone who knows me, knows that my 3 brothers ain't so little, all towering over 6 feet in height and built like footballers, so the later photo was so cool! I actually wonder where that is, as I would love to post them both to show! Investigations needed!
So with these guys, I will def be taking this same group shot in 10 years, and see how they have changed!
The other beautiful thing about portrait photography, is that for those moments in time, you can capture, love, friends, family, and keep those images forever.
All of my images are © Leah Donaldson Photography and are not to be downloaded, copied, printed or used without my written permission.
No comments:
Post a Comment