Friday, 26 October 2012

Pearl

As a kid did you ever find anything, that you thought was some lost treasure?

I remember being about 5 and playing on the school oval, and I found by chance a coin. It wasn't any coin I had ever seen, although copper, I remember thinking it was a 1 cent or 2 cent coin.

Until I saw the writing, and it was Persian. Looking back, I probably thought it was some magical writing, I would have not even know what a Persian cat was let alone Persia. I do recall embelishing to myself that it had been pushed through the soil from China...I was 5.

Anyway I still have that coin today, and for some reason hold great hope that it is some ancient relic, as it has no date or numerical value on it, just a whole lot of worn Persian scroll. I haven't taken it to be valued yet, as I dont want to break the dream and be told it is a slot machine coin for some old carnival :)

My little guy found his own jewel the other day, a magical ball that reflects light. Otherwise known as a lost bead from a broken necklace :)




All of my images are © Leah Donaldson Photography and are not to be downloaded, copied, printed or used without my written permission.

1 comment: