Thursday, 18 October 2012

NumNum

Well in our house hold, we are getting very close to saying goodbye to ...the dummy! Otherwise known affectionately as 'numnum'.

My first child never had one of these 'things' - and comparing the two I am not sure what the better experience was! My daughter cried a fair amount, but I was determined for her not to have one. So I spent a big part of my time with her, rocking, singing, rocking, singing and rocking. I had an amazing toned back and hips for the first 4 months of her life! We got past the crying and she seemed ok.

However, there was no amount of signing or rocking (and I have an ok voice, and my rocking to Puff the Magic Dragon is pure gold!) but none of that was going to help my little boy. Doubled with the fact, when you have another child asleep in the house, who has school the next day - you seemed obligated to keep the other child quiet. 
Thus we welcomed 'numnum' to our journey.

I hate these things. They are everywhere. Always attached somehow to the little guy.
So as we are nearly coming to a 2 year milestone with him, so it is time to say tata numnum, don't come back to visit; we won't remember you and out of our lives you go for good!


To accomplish this I have no idea! We have a big trip across the other side of the world in a few weeks, so do I really want to get rid of my peacemaker...time will tell, but I took some photos to remember the horror that is 'numnum'! Baby number 3, if and ever should we have one, will not be associated with one of these things, that is for sure :)









All of my images are © Leah Donaldson Photography and are not to be downloaded, copied, printed or used without my written permission.




No comments:

Post a Comment