Friday, 12 October 2012

Day 12 - Hands

As an artist I dreaded having to paint figures with hands. When I look at some of my work, I hang my head in shame to see the cowardly way Ive painted them off to the side, or that all my figures have hands behind their backs! haha not a great forte of mine!

However as a photographer, I LOVE photographing hands!

Newborn little button fingers resting under cheeks, babies crawling and picking up things they should and should not..kids throwing and catching, and expressing with their hands, and family - hands that have held you, helped you, and supported you - I adore trying to capture all of that.

My little boy is a proper little pick pocket at the moment. Even last weekend we got home after shopping to find a "Baby Jake" in his grasp! I felt too embarrassed to take it back - to highlight my son's talent. 
Also the shop is local, so heavens if we went back we would be on the call out you hear "Steve, security aisle 5, aisle 5 Steve, security."..the whisper on the mike "Steve its them!"..haha paranoid maybe - but anyway I have kept it but donated a whole lot of my daughter's stuff today at the Goodwill - so hope we are square!

The thing is he takes everything, its cute to watch, because Im thinking ok, he has seen something he likes, and the lengths he goes to get this stuff! However when you are collecting shells, and trying to set them up for a shot, not the greatest to find him sneaking them away!


Also I have had to post my daughter's hands too - she is so competitive at the moment, and wants an equal share of the blog to her brother - bless - is this going to get any easier :)




All of my images are © Leah Donaldson Photography and are not to be downloaded, copied, printed or used without my written permission.





No comments:

Post a Comment