Monday, 22 October 2012

Day 19 - Noise

Catch up time for the last 3 days of challenge photos!

Over the weekend I was in the magical place that is London!

Living in the 'sticks', the highlight noises here are cows, horses trotting down our street on occasion, or fast jets that fly through the valley.

Noise in London, is in stereo!

Wow, we did a impromptu drive around London, late one night (from 9pm to midnight) and it was like a city that does not sleep! Driving through outer London into the city, and tens of barber shops were open, and people were having haircuts at 11:30pm at night - I wish I had jumped out the car to grab some snaps, at it was an amazing onlookers experience seeing these people have haircuts, it was almost like a meeting place - people were laughing, dancing, I even saw one small child sitting back in the chair watching his mother get her hair cut! The funniest one was a woman getting her hair cut, seated at the window, and her 'man' was sitting in the car outside, and she turned to 'show' him and he gave a thumbs up :)

Parking in London during the day - don't even attempt it, but at night, it is a different story, and my hubby managed to park so I could jump out and grab some scenic shots of Big Ben at Westminster.

Standing under Big Ben, and I was lucky to witness the quarter and half hour chimes, and they were amazing! The bright lights of the city loomed in the air around Big Ben, and the chimes timed with the people walking and talking, the buses and cabs zooming, and the River Thames flowing - it was an amazing noise to witness.

I have some other amazing photos from London that I will post on other challenge days - looking forward to Day 25  'Bright'!







All of my images are © Leah Donaldson Photography and are not to be downloaded, copied, printed or used without my written permission.






2 comments:

  1. So much fun!! I love reading your posts and seeing your photos. It's like I can experience your part of the world :)

    Such a cool photo with the bus driving by.

    And your description of London reminded me of New York City. I had a similar experience last year when I visited NY for the first time. 11:30 at night in Time Square and there are families with strollers, people of all ages, clubbers, fashionistas, theatre people. It's a different world.

    I'm looking forward to seeing your other photos!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw thanks so much! xx Same with your blog! My daughter for the past 2 years has been determined to be a vegetarian, and absolutely loves Cauliflower Rice now - so thank u! We cant wait for Vegan Tuesday tomorrow!!!

    ReplyDelete