On the weekend we ventured into the BIG city, that is Edinburgh. Living in the sticks, we somehow get accustomed to just doing things locally, and when you hit the 'big smoke', well I felt like Elly May Clampet.
The city is scary - it is so busy. I think I am used to the traffic jam in our local street of one truck and 3 cars, at its worst (ok ok I did hit a pig truck months back, so we do have monstrous vehicles too), but the city - cars flying everywhere, people walking everywhere, beeping, sirens, chatter, shouting, buses and more buses...it is scary!
However, we made it to the National Museum, to check out the Vikings.
My daughter is currently learning this at school, and was adamant that she needed to go there to see the gift shop, I mean exhibit (we did both!)
I have to say I was well impressed with her. She was pulling facts out like she had a guidebook in her hand. We even had an older couple notice her Viking tour, and they seemed to be enjoying it. Whenever she pulled me to some new part to explain about 'Thor' or the cracked skull, or how the helmets did not have horns in them..this couple seemed to be next to me, nodding away. When we left I was looking for them, like they were supposed to be coming home with us.
Then it was a visit to my husbands mother's house, and I re-discovered that she has the most amazing window of light in her living room. It was just gorgeous, so had to take some photos of the girl - unfortunately she decided this was the time to demonstrate a trick she had learnt at school, bending her finger back.
Since then I have had demonstrations of every finger attempting this trick from both her hands, and a new highlight was trying to bend her legs over head. I do not know who told her bendy was cool, it is not.
All of my images are © Leah Donaldson Photography and are not to be downloaded, copied, printed or used without my written permission.































No comments:
Post a Comment