Saturday, 23 February 2013

Lil Bo...Ness

Today we crossed the water!

Wow - we passed over the Forth Rail Bridge in Scotland, and we went over the water. 

I have lived here nearly 10 years and in all my time I have only done this a couple of times.

However this journey was more to do with my husband's interest in checking out a cemetery 

Don't ask - ok, I'll tell you.

It is the craziest thing.

One birthday, many moons ago (btw buying for my husband is absolutely the most difficult thing ever - forget the Rubik Cube - this is worse). Anyway I was in desperate states. 

Malteasers were the highlight of my purchases so far - so I needed something. 

All I know is he likes radios. I wasn't going to get him one of those. 
Why? because I had tried that, and to go in a shop for a radio, is like going into a spice house and locating salt. There are hundreds to choose from - and this was before Digital Radio was the real thing, so I walked straight out of the shop, over to McDonalds for a Happy Meal, and then over to T K Max.

Ok I am detouring again but that store is the BIZ. 

I love it I love it I love it. 

I find the best stuff there. Has anyone else found amazing things there? On the clearance shelf - wow there are endless possibilities. 

I am not joking there is me, and this other lady. I call her Yellow Bag lady. She and I are on the same wave length - many a time - maybe she just works there - but we cross paths too frequently. It used to be a "Oh hey" - that informal I know you, but I wont talk to you, this graduated to "Haha Hi Again", as we quickly sidestepped one another, taking note as to what direction we came from and what we were holding in our arms - to now - "YOU" - and "Move away from the table" - I joke, but there is a bit of that now. I think she has planted a tracker on my car - just saying.

So.....um...TK max - where was I going - ok birthday presents. Hardest thing ever. Then by chance I found a "Family Tree" book. This thing was Uggeeelee, it was like something you would get at a pound shop - discontinued 20 years ago - but I was getting it.

This became the 3rd wheel in my marriage. I dont know what happened, suddenly I was married to "Who Do You Think You Are?" (TV show on ancestry over here in the UK). He was coming home early, brushing past us, to go on the computer and continue his research. Dinner was downed in minutes - up to the computer. Middle of the night - woken up by click click - and see him with the lap top, and a small light attached to his forehead..haha I am joking there - but it became his life.

I am proud of him, as he has found so much out - and this is the crazy part - we discovered we were related. 
Not by Blood. My children are fine. 10 fingers, 10 toes.
Related only by marriage.
His mother's sister's husband is 10th cousin of my own father. Strange - but such great table conversation.

So Bo'Ness well more Carradine is where we discovered alot of my ancestry were born and buried. So today we checked the town out, and the cemetery. We also went walking on the shore for some pics, and yes of course got my daughter to stand in freezing water - it's for the love of art. 

Also we drove past a freshly ploughed field, full of men with metal detectors - I wish I had walked over to ask what they were searching for! Need to google that one!

I also tried out an old camera I won on ebay - 120 film - I can not wait, based on the digital results I got today I can't wait to see what I got on that!





















All of my images are © Leah Donaldson Photography and are not to be downloaded, copied, printed or used without my written permission.

No comments:

Post a Comment