I am at a crossroads at the moment, as to whether to cut my baby boy's hair.
It is looking very much like a 1960's surf bum presently, with a crazy Elvis flip at the front, and shocking bed hair (nest) at the back. I just love it.
I am really at the point where I think it is pure laziness on my part - I can not fathom taking him to sit in that chair.
Last time I went, we had to wait 7 minutes before he was called up - in that time, he managed to get behind the shop into their private quarters and came out with one of the ladies Iphone.
He pulled down 3 displays of jewellery.
He opened the glass cabinet and removed 3 bottles of shampoo.
He decided to run laps around the service desk, missing his forehead with the cash register each time he took the last corner.
The icing on the cake - taking one of the 'towels' - running away from me, clenched between his teeth.
Heavens - I really think he was a 'Rover' or 'Buster' in a previous life - woof!
OK, so I was being the 'MUM' - I wasn't sitting back with coffee in hand and smiling, aw ain't he cute.
Ok maybe for the first minute I looked around like everyone else, lifting shoulders, shaking head, tutting - 'who's kid is that?'....but then I had to stand up. 'My name is Leah....and I am his mother'
So it begun. I had to chase him.
I was telling him I would give him chocolate (damn I gave it to him to get him to sit in the car seat), ok no chocolate - hey, he could have my phone, he could have my purse. I screamed at him, under my breath, in probably a voice I could only hear, as I didn't want the other people to think wow she's cruel. I mean to an outsider, they must have felt sorry for me. All this time the owner was saying oh don't worry, he's ok...sure ok for a devil child.
So, the dilemma stands. I have to take him somewhere new. I mean, now when I drive past the shop, I wear a scarf on my head and big black sunglasses. So somewhere new probably means the next town - no - more like a 2 hour distance just to be safe.
Or do I do it myself - ah - the inevitable question - is it really easier? I have had my experience with my daughter. Unfortunately home haircuts instilled a thought in her, that it was ok to cut ones hair. When she was 4 she cut a big chunk, with plastic scissors - that had no blade - you can guess the zigzag we were left with and we saw a hairdresser from then on.
So today I had a hair day. I photographed it, loved it, spent time with it - and I have decided it stays....for now :)
All of my images are © Leah Donaldson Photography and are not to be downloaded, copied, printed or used without my written permission.









No comments:
Post a Comment