Ok, I am so excited for this blog post. This is still a catch up of our OZ trip, and one of the most favourite parts of the trip.
I am going to totally bombard this post with lots of photos, but honestly this little break - ok car journey from hell, but road trip of a lifetime with the family, was so needed, so welcomed, and so adored - and I photographed some of my best photos yet - it was an inspiring time, and having my peeps with me made it all happen.
So our car journey had left Keith, and we continued on to make way to a beach house. This is where we would be staying for 3 days at Port Fairy.
.....the hard facts....it is a coastal town. Port Fairy was changed to the name 'Belfast' in 1843, but later changed back to Port Fairy and even now the pubs and attractions have 'en Irish feel.... by the way that ('en Irish)... must be said in your mind with an Irish accent...start by saying tirty tree for 33, and get your Irish vibe on...ok
This place is gorgeous - it is totally beachy, which I LOVE. The coffee shops had surfboards parked out the front, the shops were run by women who looked like they had come from the sea, painted a few masterpieces, created a beaded necklace and then come to work in the shop for the day. It was so Bohemian, so arty, so crafty, so natural...so ME!
O...M...G I want to go and live there!
O...M...G I want to go and live there!
There was a pizza shop, that only had the oven in it...no sign....no tables or chairs..NO MENU....it was honestly just an oven...a ceramic table with the ingredients, and a massive bag of flour in the window....O....M...G I want to go and live there!
Day 1 can only be described as sand, surf and sun, and Ice Cream.
The next 2 blogs I am going to show a morning with my boy, and an afternoon with my girl in the magical place that is Port Fairy x
The next 2 blogs I am going to show a morning with my boy, and an afternoon with my girl in the magical place that is Port Fairy x
The most visually busy park I have ever seen! Instead of 'Where's Wally?' we had many times of 'Where's Baby?'.......
All of my images are © Leah Donaldson Photography and are not to be downloaded, copied, printed or used without my written permission.


























No comments:
Post a Comment