Ok, Ive been in this country for 10 years (come April) and I think I should, by now, be pretty 'kitted' out for these crazy seasons we have over here!
I think my children go out in the snow, dressed to perfection and warmth...but I don't know why, but for myself I feel like there is a big tag on me saying...."Aussie attempting here".
No matter what I am wearing (today it was 4 layers plus a jacket, 2 pairs of socks, and leg warmers - ok I had cotton leggings on...but), I still feel like I am out there in a bikini and bermuda shorts. Everyone else looks sooooo rugged up, got the 'North Face' look going on, winter attire is the biz - and I just looked like a shivering poor man's model for 'Funniest Home Videos'.
However...we had an amazing time today...I froze...but still managed to capture my favourite people having a lovely time. This was all done at the hill at the back of our house (we actually climbed it - and realised at a sinking point, snow up to our cheeks...the lower ones....that we were actually in part of the river/burn/creek/ice skating rink that was starting to crack), but it was beautiful - sometimes we just don't realise how lucky we are!
All of my images are © Leah Donaldson Photography and are not to be downloaded, copied, printed or used without my written permission.


























No comments:
Post a Comment