Friday, 18 January 2013

Landed

Ok, so I am going through the photos from our OZ trip - and trying to get some kind of snap shot, story telling, photo journalistic theme going on.

We have done MY, and now we landed in OZ.

I don't know if anyone else feels it, but there is a different kind of serenity to coming home, from your own home as an adult, to your childhood home.

I see this every weekend with my husband when we visit his mother. Within 3 minutes he is shoes off, curled on the lounge, reading a newspaper..I mean I wait every time for the moment to see him asleep in the foetal position, drooling with comfort. I also see it now with friends who have moved away, and nothing beats the feeling of coming back to what you know and remember, and it makes it all the more special when it is home to someone you love.

For me, its back to my own mothers house. The main place where my brother and I grew up, fought, enjoyed everyday with a new mischief. I even showed my daughter this last trip the crack in my door for when he tried to kill me with a cricket wicket one year..the love of brothers and sisters. I hope I haven't given her new ideas with her own brother!

Anyhoo, Mum had been holding off decorating the house for Xmas..we arrived the 15th, I mean 2 weeks of Christmas cheer had been missing, so fighting off jet lag - we got down to business.

Christmas Tree decorations, broken baubles, tinsel fights, husband being electrocuted by ill fitting Xmas lights, a salad - the brightest reds and gorgeous greens you find anywhere...a bit of Doctor Who light reading, and Ice Cream...it was so good to be home!



 I never knew this was the way to check an egg's freshness, love the 'Mum' tips...





















All of my images are © Leah Donaldson Photography and are not to be downloaded, copied, printed or used without my written permission.





No comments:

Post a Comment