Tuesday, 15 January 2013

MY

My daughter thinks its so cool to say MY...
'I went to MY'.....
We saw a coffee mug in Malaysia, it said I heart MY.....she put 2 and 2 together that MY is Malaysia, and thinks this is the coolest thing ever. That and the chocolate fountain our hotel had at BREAKFAST time....don't ask!

I wish I was 7 again.

I am going to kick start the tour from down under, with our first stop, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
One of the most friendliest cities I have been too. 

This was also a 'photography' shock for me, as due to the humidity, my camera kept seizing and the lenses would fog up! Thus explains the numerous 'hotel room' photos haha.

We were also completely jet lagged. My children slept 18 hours in a 24 hour day for those 2 days. This blew apart my desire to walk the streets (in a touristy way thank you very much), eat at corner cafes with no names, follow the guy to a car for a Rolex..ahem I mean shop...so MY we saw little of you unfortunately, but enough to enjoy the warmth and sparkle of the city, and 2 major thunderstorms!

My husband recently requested that I photograph actual places and things on our trip, instead of just people. Like I said to him, and now to my viewers, I am a portrait photographer. My interest is people, and faces...if I want a photo of the Petronas Towers in KL, I'll buy a postcard. No one is going to take a photo of my children sleeping, eating, waking up, enjoying something, laughing, crying. I have to do it. I like to capture those special moments for people that would otherwise be enjoyed and missed. 

With a photo, you can record the silly things that just may never happen again.












































All of my images are © Leah Donaldson Photography and are not to be downloaded, copied, printed or used without my written permission.





No comments:

Post a Comment