**Hang Head in shame time**
Today we drove for 3 hours
to buy
a donut.
12 of them.
Living in Scotland, has it made the news around the world yet...that one of the first Krispy Kreme stores in Edinburgh opened, and it is impossible to go and buy one due to queues!
Im talking like 3 weeks into this 'opening' and still it is hour waits at a time, to buy one donut!
Trust me Ive tried plenty of times!
My daughter (I don't even know how she knew about this place) has been asking to get one.
In one day we did 3 drive by's to check out the waiting time, and each time ended going to the local supermarket and buying an easter egg instead (there are hundreds of those on the shelves!) - crunching it angrily as we drove past the queues, tears streaming, cursing Krispy K.
My daughter even had an extreme plan with a pedestrian whilst we were all in the car last weekend during a drive by
"Dad, drive close to those people, they have some, I can lean out the window and grab their box of donuts"........3 seconds I thought about it, 3 seconds so it doesn't count in the bad parent book.
OK, I am going to give myself a bit of respect back - and we never planned to go today - although I personally think my husband had an agenda this morning when he woke up, and it was called plan "Get me a Chocolate Dreamcake Krispy Kreme"
I had the same plan haha
We did the usual weekend touristy thing, and went somewhere I could take photos - this involved my nearly 8 year old in a full length tutu at Hadrian's Wall surrounded by sheep - amazing!
And totally alot of work that deserved a ball of chocolate goodness.
It was 2pm, and we had not even had lunch.
He looked at me. I looked at him. We looked at the 'please god let us get to Krispy Kreme and there be no queues' note my daughter had written and we have kept as a memento of our failure to secure one.
It was on. Operation donut was in full swing baby!
Next stop....Newcastle.
We got there, and it was a magical paradise. There was no queue. There was not one road raged, angry car in the drive thu.
We agreed, it was time to go in.
The 4 of us together, we walked to begin with; like a movie.
We were in a desert, seeing an Oasis, it was the Kreme in all its glory.
Then we began to run.
It was like an airport scene, and we were disembarking the aircraft, and running through the terminal to arrivals to the open arms of Krispy Kreme.
Where have you been?
Inside it was like it was there just for us. 5 people were in there, 20 seats free. No one at the counter, and 7 people ready to serve. KER -CHING!
OK, Ive totally lost all self respect now - it is a donut.
But it was sooooooo good!









No comments:
Post a Comment